Monday, November 15, 2010

Blueberry Ginger Muffins are Really, Really Good!!!

I was following @healthyhomerecipes on Twitter. I am going to refer to it as "it" because It is impersonal and simply spews out recipes all day long. Correction: links to recipes on Its site, which is just as impersonal. I don't really like it. But this recipe for Blueberry Ginger Muffins grabbed my attention. So I bit. And I printed. And I made them this morning. And they are really really good!

I followed the recipe completely, only adding 1/2 cup of broken walnuts. I like crunch. Broken? How do you describe walnuts that have been placed in a plastic bag and smashed several times with a 1 cup metal measuring cup? I think broken fits the bill right now. It's early.

This was one of the first times I have actually put out ALL my ingredients and tools and had everything ready to go. It was an amazing experience and I will do that from now on. Yay learning!

The recipe has molasses. Yum! I knew it was going to be amazing right from the get go.

I have normal sized muffin pans. I like normal size baked goods. I'm just really not in to the bigger-than-your-head cookies and muffins. I get that it appeals to our society as a whole, but not to me. I will bake you muffins that are normal size. And you can eat as many as you like.


After 20 minutes the muffins looked really dark. But after inserting a wooden skewer I could tell they were not.quite.done. But, oh so close. After another minute - was it two? - I took them out and hoped for the best.

They are amazing! They are moist, soft, and the ginger is really subtle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Show me your Cookie Crumbs so I know you've been here. Let me know your thoughts, questions, comments, tips!