Saturday, November 13, 2010

Pumpkin Spice, who knew?




I came across a recipe recently for pumpkin scones and when I had most of the dry ingredients mixed I realized it called for pumpkin spice. Knowing this was not a spice I had in my cupboard I quickly investigated how easy it would be to make it up myself.

The first site I clicked on in which this very question was posed was one of those sites where anyone can answer anything and one of the responses said "it's just allspice. Don't bother." I didn't trust that so I kept looking. Sure enough I discovered that Allspice is its own spice, it's not a mixture of different spices. Pumpkin Spice is a mixture of cinnamon, ginger, allspice or cloves, and nutmeg. Because I'm lazy I just threw some of all of those spices together until I felt it looked right.

Voila!!! Now we are In the Know when it comes to Pumpkin Spice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Show me your Cookie Crumbs so I know you've been here. Let me know your thoughts, questions, comments, tips!