Wednesday, December 1, 2010

So giddy silly excited for this month's Flavor of the Month!

Drum roll please:


December's Oh Katie! Cookie Flavor of the Month: White Chocolate Peppermint

I was so tickled to find some white chocolate that I could melt and work with properly for an Oh Katie! Cookie flavor. Ghirardelli was that chocolate. Yum!


Back when I had my first massive baking day when I launched Oh Katie! Cookies I attempted to melt some white chocolate as a flavor base. The white chocolate simply separated and it looked awful. Turns out I was using a crappy cheap white chocolate that wasn't made for melting.


I love this time of year when all the baking items are on sale and stores begin to carry some new and different baking items (did I tell you I found cinnamon baking chips too?). I saw the bag of Ghirardelli white chocolate baking chips and thought I would just look at the back and see what kind of oil it was made with. Turns out if white chocolate is made with a vegetable oil, it isn't going to melt properly. But if it's cocoa butter it will melt deliciously. Ghirardelli is perfect.

The peppermint is perfectly subtle and refreshing.

Oh Katie! Cookies make fun and surprising Birthday gifts, Thank You's, Corporate and Vendor Thank You's.

You are sure to be the life of the party if you show up with dozens of Oh Katie! Cookies under your arm.

2 comments:

  1. i have to be honest with you...those cookies are giving me a huge cookie craving rite now..yummm! I am you newest follower from the blog hop please follow me back at http://mizzreviewlady-mommyreviews.blogspot.com/ thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you Mizz Review. Consider yourself welcome and followed ; )

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Show me your Cookie Crumbs so I know you've been here. Let me know your thoughts, questions, comments, tips!