Saturday, December 4, 2010

It's not all sugar and icing.

I burned myself yesterday. I burned myself the exact same way a few months ago. I find it kind of nuts considering I have been a crazy baking machine for a few years now - at least when it comes to Oh Katie! Cookies and I had never burned myself before like this.


I seriously almost started crying. Which is something I don't do when I'm hurt. I'm usually quietly cursing all those beings around me who may or may not be helping. Actually, I don't do that. Typically, I just keep moving, continuing what I'm doing until my armpits start itching.

Yes, my armpits itch when I've been suddenly scared by something, including being physically hurt. My husband thinks it's hysterical; I get scared and my armpits itch. Similar but not quite like Mary Katherine Gallagher.




This is the scar from a burn several months ago. In both instances I was removing the pan from the oven with my right (gloved) hand. As I am reaching down to close the oven door (and lock it because we have a not-quite-2yo Boy Destructo) with my left hand somehow my right hand - with the scorching hot pan - forgets what it is doing and just drifts over to my left arm.

It's shocking. And painful. And yes, it makes my armpits itch.

3 comments:

  1. I rarely burn myself, but there has been a few occasions. I have one by my wrist that left a scar and people always say "oh is that an oven burn?!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now know that there is One Mind and Consciousness and it is clear, alert and awake now as Katie and it keeps her safe from harm. Yay! All happy and so it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pretty recognizable I guess, eh Blessed?

    Why thank you Karen. And so it is.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Show me your Cookie Crumbs so I know you've been here. Let me know your thoughts, questions, comments, tips!